Georgians made good use of their local libraries in 2022.
Our top items checked out this year illustrate how vital libraries are to meeting their communities’ diverse needs. Georgians used their local libraries for reliable high-speed internet access, to borrow laptops and/or mobile hotspots for school or work, check out passes to spend time with their families at fun places around the state, or catch up on their latest favorite book.
Library cardholders of all ages also saved money by taking advantage of the many free resources and services available through Georgia’s public libraries, like downloading audiobooks, learning a new language, exploring technology like 3D printers or virtual reality, and using passes for free entry to museums and other cultural attractions.
Here are the items checked out items from PINES network libraries in 2022:
- Mobile Hotspots: Georgia Public Library Service has put thousands of wifi mobile hotspots and laptops in libraries across the state for checkout. These items enable students and workers to complete assignments, get work done, and stay connected with professors and classmates.
- Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites ParkPass: The ParkPass provides free parking at all of Georgia’s state parks and historic sites, and the Historic Site Family Pass allows two free admissions into any of Georgia’s historic sites. Georgia Public Library Service also partners with organizations across the state to provide free or reduced cost passes to library card holders to places like the Carlos Museum, Georgia Aquarium, Alliance Theatre, and more, to provide educational and recreational opportunities for families to spend time together while saving money. Learn about all our partnerships here.
- Zoo Atlanta Pass: Our Zoo Atlanta pass is also a popular item for checkout! Just check out the Zoo DVD from your library, watch it, and when you return it to your library, you will receive a pass receipt which, as a one-time use, admits up to three people to Zoo Atlanta.
- Laptops: We have put nearly 10,000 laptops into circulation across the state, and cardholders are using them! Introduced during the pandemic to help students and workers operating remotely, these laptops have only grown in popularity and use.
- Dog Man by Dav Pilkey: Kids couldn’t get enough of the Dog Man series in 2022! Did you know that you can search the kids PINES catalog online here?
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Naruto -by Masashi Kishimoto
- My Hero Academia by Kōhei Horikoshi
- The Baby-sitters Club: A Graphic Novel by Katy Farina
- Run, Rose, Run: A Novel by Dolly Parton and James Patterson
Want to see what else is available through PINES? Search the catalog for books, hotspots, cake pans, vinyl records and more!