Any of Georgia’s public libraries may borrow Poseidon, a traveling educational toolkit of curated technology and activities jointly designed by Georgia Public Library Service and the Georgia Aquarium.
The kit includes lesson plans, activities, and technology that allows public libraries to conduct programming and events for their patrons.
Bring the Aquarium to the Library
“This toolkit will bring the ocean to life for patrons who may not ever be able to visit the aquarium,” said Dustin Landrum, manager of strategic partnerships at GPLS. “Children and parents can put on a headset and explore a virtual ocean – swim with manatees, observe sharks and go deep-sea diving – in the library!”
Points to Remember
- The borrowing library must use the Poseidon Request Form and receive confirmation of requested loan period.
- You must accept the Usage Policy when you request Poseidon
- The standard loan period is one week.
- Read the Poseidon Kit Documention and acknowledge any potential risks involved with the kit.
- Borrowers must inform the Manager of Strategic Partnerships of any damages done to or loss of Poseidon, its components, or carrying cases.
- Return Poseidon and all components by the designated due date via STAT courier or via in-person pickup/dropoff.
- Complete the GPLS Activities Outcomes Survey
Poseidon is supported in part by a grant to the Georgia Public Library Service from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the Library Services and Technology Act.