Learn how to think (and act!) like an entrepreneur at your local public library.
All public libraries in Georgia offer FREE access to Entrepreneurial Mindset Training, an online, self-paced course focused on the attitudes and thinking that lead to entrepreneurial success. The course is funded through Georgia Public Library Service to give all libraries a tool to help patrons strengthen marketable skills.
The course is based on in-depth research that was funded by CISCO System’s Entrepreneurship Institute and the Marion Ewing Kauffman Foundation and conducted by the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative.
Participants are prompted to engage in exercises that connect their life experience to that of successful entrepreneurs, develop a personal vision, interview a local entrepreneur, identify a problem they would like to solve and complete an opportunity canvas that helps them refine and validate their solution.
You also will learn how to:
- Recognize opportunities that others overlook. Drawing from best practices in design thinking, you will learn how to discover opportunities that are hiding in plain sight.
- Master the art of bootstrapping. You will learn how cash-strapped entrepreneurs manage to identify, evaluate and transform their ideas into a sustainable success.
- Develop a success network that will enable you to avoid costly mistakes, reduce the learning curve and accelerate your growth.
- Identify and overcome the self-imposed limitations that may be holding you back.
- Tap into a mindset that will inspire and empower you to create a path toward a more meaningful and prosperous life regardless of where you start.
Access the Mindset course (NOTE: You will need your GALILEO password. If you don’t know it, ask a friendly staff member at your local library.): Entrepreneurship Program Training Course