Overview of the Collection
Georgia Public Library Service provides supports the learning of library professionals and staff throughout the state by providing access to an extensive collection of library science material.
Who can use the Collection?
Our patrons consist of anyone who works in or with libraries throughout the state — or anyone in need of the information we gather and maintain. This includes:
- library trustees and board members;
- friends of the library/libraries;
- and the general public.
|You’ve got 8 seconds : communication secrets for a distracted world
What’s in the Collection?
The State Library Professional Collection includes materials on:
- the acquisition, cataloging and preservation of library materials;
- management of library personnel and resources; and
- reference and information services;
- computer services; and
- youth services.
We acquire books, DVDs and journals in library and information science and support subjects.