TRUSTEES-L Discussion List Guidelines
TRUSTEES-L, a discussion list for public library board members administered by Georgia Public Library Service (GPLS), exists solely to facilitate discussion and the sharing of ideas and best practices among members of Georgia’s public library boards of trustees.
This list may not be used to conduct a “virtual” meeting of a board in violation of the open meetings law of Georgia. Trustees should take care to ensure that the list is not used by a quorum of any board to discuss an issue specific to the library system they represent.
The list is restricted to Georgia public library trustees currently serving on their library boards, library system directors, and GPLS staff. A subscription form is available on the Georgia Public Library Service (GPLS) Web site and the Friends of Georgia Libraries (FOGL) Web site. Each registrant must give his/her name and a valid e-mail address to be placed on the list. In addition, library affiliation will be requested for verification of eligibility for membership. This information will not be used for any other purpose.
All messages posted to this list should conform to the following guidelines:
- Messages should relate to the purposes of the list.
- Messages which could be perceived by any other member as personal attacks are prohibited.
- No political, religious, discriminatory, or profane content is allowed.
- Commercial content is generally prohibited, unless related to a board of trustees’ fundraiser for the sole purpose of raising funds for the library.
- Only users authorized by GPLS are allowed to post to the list.
The administrator of the list is Lyn Hopper, firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questionable content should be referred to the administrator before posting. GPLS reserves the right to remove content deemed inappropriate for the purposes of the list, and to remove subscribers who violate this policy. The administrator’s decision is final.
By subscribing to this list, you are agreeing to abide by the above conditions and rules.