Administered by the Georgia Public Library Service, the Georgia Online Database (GOLD) serves as the interlibrary lending and union listing system used throughout the state. GOLD’s consortium is comprised of more than 200 academic, public, private, school, special and technical college member libraries. The Georgia Online Database is a group access capability (GAC) that operates through the Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) and the OCLC’s WorldCat database; the world’s most comprehensive bibliographic database comprised of more than 100 million records.
Draft GOLD manual and membership agreement
The linked documents below are drafts to replace the existing manuals and membership agreement. The GOLD Advisory Committee will be completing these documents in the coming months and planning for their implementation.
Worldcat Resource Sharing
- Slides from OCLC Policies Directory Best Practices Feb. 2010 Webinar
- OCLC Policies Directory Quick Reference
- WorldCat Resource Sharing (ILL) Quick Reference (PDF)
Local Holdings Maintenance (LHM) - Serials union listing
- LHM Tutorials
- LHM Quick Reference Card (PDF)
- LHM Documentation
- Local Holdings Offline Product Now Available
- GOLD Serials in GALILEO