GPLS Strategic Planning
In December 2006, the staff at Georgia Public Library Service committed to a long-range strategic planning process for the agency. The purpose of this activity was to help focus GPLS resources on the most important services to Georgia's libraries. A broad-based team was assembled to help with this planning effort. Dubbed the Strategic Planning Team, this group began work on March 19, 2007.
Stakeholders were invited to be fully informed and as involved as they wished to be in this process. Focus groups were held in different areas of the state and a statewide online survey was conducted. The group considered environmental influences and the changing nature of library service, as well as current programs at GPLS, to determine the best possible match between needs and services.
To comment on the plan, please email Lyn Hopper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GPLS Strategic Plan (approved 12/10/2007)
- Notes from Strategic Planning Team Meeting, March 19, 2007
- GPLS Overview for Planning Team, March 2007
- Planning Team Members
- Focus Group Summary Report
- LSTA Survey Summary Report
- SWOT Results from GPLS staff
- SWOT Results from Planning Team
- SWOT Results from Public Library Directors