Learn how you can best feature your nonprofit's stories to connect with your donors in your print and online materials.
Everyone loves a powerful and inspiring story, and your donors and potential donors are no exceptions. Of course, each nonprofit has many stories to share, but how can you feature those stories that best connect with your donors?
In this webinar, you will:
- Identify essential components of great stories
- Find out how to gather them
- Begin to shape them for maximum use in your materials
- Get extra tips on how to use them on the web
This webinar is based on the award-winning book by Dalya Massachi, Writing to Make a Difference: 25 Powerful Techniques to Boost Your Community Impact. Attend the webinar and get a special discount!
Don’t have the board members you need to serve the organization and can’t keep the great ones you have recruited? Building a strong and reliable nonprofit board of directors is no easy task, but leveraging simple best practices and innovative strategies can mean the difference between an engaged, effective board of directors and a social club with minimal leadership. There are new strategies and vehicles for recruiting board members and concrete steps your organization can take to set the board, and your nonprofit, up for success.
This workshop is designed for both nonprofits recruiting board members and individuals looking to be join boards.
- How to build a diverse recruitment strategy,
- Ways to retain outstanding board members, and
- What questions to ask and due diligence to practice before joining a board.
Learn how to engage your board in fundraising.
This class helps you think through the process of getting your board involved with fundraising.
What we will cover:
- The role of your board
- Why board members may be reluctant to fundraise and how to overcome these concerns
- Ways the board can participate in fundraising activities
- Tips for strengthening your fundraising board
The exploding popularity of smartphones and other mobile devices provides a unique opportunity for libraries to help bridge the digital divide. These devices are often discussed in the context of affluent populations and academic libraries, yet the demographics of mobile internet users are much more diverse than this, and the potential for mobile library services is correspondingly broad. Join us for this webinar brought to you in collaboration with ALA TechSource, and presented by Andromeda Yelton, author of the January issue of Library Technology Reports on the topic of Bridging the Digital Divide with Mobile Services.
We’ll talk about:
- the demographics of mobile internet users, and why this matters to libraries' mission
- real-life examples of online library services aimed at diverse populations
- mobile friendly steps you can take even with limited time, budget, or expertise.
Join Michael as we take a thought-provoking stroll through library history, technology evolution and our shared humanity. We'll examine what makes libraries work at the most basic levels, and how our jobs, right now, have the potential to create a foundation for a stunningly vibrant future for libraries and the communities they serve. Come ponder concepts like need, desire, human nature, society and technology and leave more inspired about your work and your life as an information professional.
- Do you know what your dream job is, but don't quite know how to get it?
- Are you an ideal job candidate with less-than-ideal interview skills?
- Are you stymied by the civil service process?
There is no denying that the job market is tough these days, but there are steps you can take to ensure that your next interviewer sees you as the best candidate for the job. And for those of you who are employed, there are steps you can take to ensure that the work that you do today could help land your dream job someday.
In this one-hour webinar you will:
- Learn to approach the job search and interview process from the perspective of the person doing the hiring.
- Gain insight into how to think strategically about your current job, as well as about how to prepare to get the next one.
- Discover tips for navigating the often baffling world of the civil service application and interview.
- Learn the things that hiring managers wish every job candidate knew.
Though we can't promise a recovery of the job market, we're certain that in this webinar you'll learn ways to Hack Your Career—Dream Job, For the Win!
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Identify the three questions they need to answer before beginning the job search process.
- Understand the three major ways that civil service hiring processes differ from hiring processes in the private and nonprofit sectors.
- Identify ten steps that go into successful resumes, applications and interviews, from the perspective of hiring managers.
Some nonprofit organizations experience frequent conflict. The characters and plot-lines may change, but the persistence of some kind of drama is constant. In this webinar, we will take a realistic and practical look at how an organization’s leaders can promote a culture of constructive conflict resolution. We will consider the key leadership challenges of: recognizing patterns; assessing causes of organizational conflict; interrupting negative cycles; coping with fear in the workplace; and fostering a climate of respect and dialogue. I will share real-life case studies; tips and tools; and resources for further learning.
Interested in finding more about what TechSoup has to offer? Check out our webinar on Thursday, July 12 at 11 a.m. Pacific time, Making the Most of TechSoup.org.
If you missed those legendary book brawlers, Cutie and Tiger (a.k.a. Chris Vaccari from Sterling Publishing and Talia Sherer from Macmillan), mixing it up at recent ALA conferences, now’s your chance to get a ringside seat—right in front of your own computer! The book battle is going virtual. Some critics charge that Cutie and Tiger have been a bit too nice to one another in their earlier exchanges. No matter. This time they assure us the gloves are coming off. When they climb out of the ring at the end of the hour, they will have left nothing behind—except, of course, for dozens of terrific new-book recommendations. Don’t miss this hour-long, free Booklist webinar moderator by Adult Books editor Brad Hooper.
We all have to lead contentious meetings from time to time. Either the topic or participants pose a challenge to a thoughtful exchange of ideas. There seems to be little hope of arriving at decisions that all will support. The usual prescriptions for such meetings emphasize changing behavior or using some set of meeting rules. Both are difficult.
There is another approach, one that relies on choosing structures that will influence the conduct of the meeting. The structural choices a leader makes, even if unseen/unrecognized by participants, can greatly improve the civility and productivity of these meetings. In this webinar I will help you see some of these structures (the naked meeting) and introduce choices you can make in planning, conducting or achieving results given a (potentially) contentious meeting.