Telling Your Story: Five Secrets for Successful Career Growth and Advancement
How can librarians and information professionals:
- Learn the secrets to the type of successful interactions that will lead to career growth and advancement?
- Develop talking points to effectively convey their story to maximize their potential for career growth and advancement?
- Learn how to take advantage of every opportunity, no matter how brief, to tell an encapsulated version of their story?
- Maximize their chances of always getting to “yes”?
- Become aware and gain access to the wide variety of job opportunities that take them beyond the limitations of the “L” word.
In today’s complex, fast changing world, having the right skills is not enough for those seeking career growth and advancement. Librarians and information professionals also need to communicate well and effectively tell their story. This webinar helps librarians and information professionals develop the necessary “talking points” to help them communicate their most important message and formulate an encapsulated version of their talking points to be able to take advantage of every window of opportunity, regardless of how brief it might be. Librarians and information professionals often miss some of the best career opportunities because they are stuck on the “L” word. This webinar will help attendees locate and identify many career opportunities that are outside the “L” word and help them prepare to take advantage of those opportunities.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand the importance of successful interactions for career growth and advancement
- Learn the five secrets of successful interactions with colleagues, management and gatekeepers in their organizations
- Know how to develop convincing talking points, including an “elevator pitch,” that will assure their success in any situation
- Learn how to use their talking points to get buy-in and get to “yes” as quickly and often as possible
- Know how to prepare themselves for one of the numerous alternative career opportunities readily available to librarians and information professionals
This webinar will be of interest to library staff contemplating the next job opportunity or career change and those seeking to identify their current skills and acquire new skills.