LinkedIn a Powerful Tool for Nonprofits
For nonprofits, LinkedIn can be a development and outreach goldmine.
LinkedIn is a no or low-cost database that can be used to:
- research donors
- find board members with the skills and passion you need
- get that all-important introduction to someone you want to know
- brainstorm with peers
- find volunteers and employees
- connect with community leaders
It is a tool that boards, executives, and staff must understand because e-based outreach will be the norm.
LinkedIn is the one social medium geared to business people interested in professional development and connections. It links 135 million personal profiles and more than 2 million company profiles that can be tapped according to interest, specialty, location, and background. Recently, LinkedIn has added professional staff to look after the specific needs of nonprofits.
There are also more than 80,000 LinkedIn groups focus on nonprofit issues and ideas. Their members ask and answer questions, float ideas, and engage in discussions. It’s a rich and far-reaching knowledge base.
For this webinar, we will have a panel of three LinkedIn experts who will show you the LinkedIn ropes and answer your real-life questions.
- Learn the importance of keywords, the basic ingredient of a successful profile
- Learn how to perfect the profiles of key team members and of the nonprofit
- Learn why and how to use advanced search to mine the LinkedIn database
- Learn the proper etiquette for getting introductions on LinkedIn