Improving Donor Retention: How Creative Thank You’s and Cultivating an Attitude of Gratitude Can Boost Fundraising
Most nonprofits are leaking donors like crazy. They acquire; they don’t retain. On average folks lose 7 out of 10 donors after the first gift. Why? If your answer to any of the following is “true”, this webinar will help you: (1) I spend more time and resources acquiring donors than thanking them; (2) I treat acknowledgement as an afterthought; (3) I don’t think donors care that much about when and how they’re thanked after they give.
While donors want to change the world with their gifts, most want something else too. It’s intangible, but it’s important. And if you won’t give it to them, someone else will. The important social acknowledgement and identity reinforcement that comes from a heartfelt, thoughtful thank you cannot be underestimated. Truly, how and when you thank your donors can make or break your entire fundraising program.
A great thank you program can increase the lifetime value of your donor base by 200%!
It’s not hard to do, but most of us simply don’t put much zip into our donor acknowledgment programs. If this sounds like you and your nonprofit, it’s time to show your awesome donors some awesome you!
- Concrete creative thank you ideas – the tried-and-true and the dare-to-try!
- How to effectively use donor thank you’s to build long-lasting relationships.
- Critical capabilities of transformational leaders.
- When to use technology, and when not to.
- How to move from a transactional to a transformational donor acknowledgment plan.
- BONUS: How cultivating an attitude of gratitude is good for you personally.