Ebooks and Libraries: Legal Issues for Library Administration and Staff
- Does your library have Kindles, Nooks and iPads for loan or in-house use?
- Do you have accessible e-readers available to customers who are print disabled?
- Do you know the legal requirements to make your services accessible?
Ebooks present both opportunity and challenge as the dominant delivery is via electronic license, governed by contract law rather than by copyright law.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand the difference between eBook content licenses and ownership
- Be brought up to date on the latest legal issues, including the settlement agreement between the National Federation of the Blind and the Sacramento Pubic Library Authority
- Learn how the Califa Library Group (http://www.califa.org/) has fared in buying (not just licensing) eBook content for use by its customers.
- MORE INFO AND REGISTRATION